Friday, September 08, 2006

Innocents executed? Oh Please

That video about an innocent person maybe having been executed in Texas is thought provoking. It makes me wonder, but it doesn't keep me awake at night. I wasn't on the court back in 1989, when Carlos De Luna was executed and I haven't read his file, but I suspect he got what he deserved. Everyone is trying to prove that Texas has executed an innocent person. That report on De Luna is the third time in the last two years that some newspaper has made a big splash trying to prove that we juiced up the wrong person. The other two "innocent" people that Texas supposedly wrongly executed were Ruben Cantu and Cameron Todd Willingham. I wasn't on the court when Cantu was executed, but I was here when Willingham was executed in 2004. So, now the Chicago Tribune and the Innocence Project think that he was innocent and that the fire that killed his three daughters was just a fire and not murder by arson. Yeah, right. I am glad he was executed before some fancy lawyer could free him like they freed that other guy named Ernest Willis. Willis was on death row for murder by arson too. I voted to juice him, but a federal court overruled us and then he was exonerated and released in 2004. He's now a free man. Damn federal courts. I wish they would stop overruling me.

Anyhow, watch the video and then be glad that I am the Presiding Judge of the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, because as long as I am here, I am going to make sure that we execute more guilty people than supposedly "innocent" ones. Texas is a safer place because of my work on the court. You can thank me with your vote in November.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home